Addition General Terms and Conditions of Aplus Energy GmbH
Only the German version of these Plan Terms shall apply. The English version is only a convenience translation.
Dynamic Tariff: SimplyDynamic
- General Terms and Conditions: These contractual terms supplement the General Terms and Conditions of Aplus Energy GmbH. In the event of a conflict between these contractual terms and the General Terms and Conditions of Ostrom, these contractual terms shall take precedence.
- What is the composition of the electricity price? The electricity price includes the following components:
a. The spot market price (see item 3),
b. Other price components (see item 12, clause 1 of our existing terms and conditions).
- What is the spot market price? The spot market price (ct/kWh) corresponds to the spot market prices of EPEX Spot SE. EPEX Spot SE is the European exchange for short-term electricity trading. EPEX Spot SE operates, among other things, the day-ahead electricity market in Germany. Prices for each hour of the following day are determined and published once a day in EUR per MWh. The determined prices can be viewed on the website of EPEX Spot SE (https://www.epexspot.com/en/basicspowermarket) as well as in our app in ct/kWh.
The price determined for each individual hour of the following day is passed on to the customers. For clarification, it is noted that spot market prices are automatically adjusted, and Aplus Energy GmbH has no discretion regarding the modification of spot market prices. In this context, Aplus Energy GmbH expressly points out to the customers that the prices applicable to each hour of a day are not predetermined but change hourly depending on spot market prices. This implies both opportunities and risks for customers compared to an electricity supply contract with a fixed price. Spot market prices can fall below the prices of fixed-price offers available on the market, resulting in (significant) savings in electricity costs for customers. However, spot market prices can also exceed the fixed prices offered on the market for electricity deliveries. In the latter case, customers have no protection against potentially significantly higher electricity costs compared to the price level of comparable fixed-price contracts.
- What type of electricity meter is required? If the customer has an intelligent metering system according to § 2 No. 7 MsbG, which enables hourly transmission of the customer's consumption (referred to collectively as "Smart Meter"), the billing is done on an hourly basis based on the actual energy consumption in the respective hour. In the case of an intelligent metering system according to § 2 No. 7 MsbG, this applies only if the metering point operator provides the hourly measurement values to Aplus Energy GmbH in an appropriate form.
- What happens if an incorrect registration is made? If the customer signs up for the dynamic tariff (SimplyDynamic) without having an intelligent metering system according to § 2 No. 7 MsbG, the contract will automatically switch to the SimplyFair tariff.
- How is the net electricity price and net basic fee composed, and under what circumstances can it change? Refer to item 12 of our general terms and conditions.
- How is the delivered electricity billed? The billing is done on an hourly basis based on the actual energy consumption in the respective hour. In the case of an intelligent metering system according to § 2 No. 7 MsbG, this applies only if the metering point operator provides the hourly measurement values to Aplus Energy GmbH in an appropriate form. The customer will receive the invoice electronically on a monthly basis, delivered latest by the 15th day. The billing is done monthly for the electricity consumption.
- Miscellaneous: If points in these terms and conditions do not apply, our regular terms and conditions shall apply